The position of Project Manager (PM) has the ultimate responsibility for the successful execution of our projects. The PM works directly with the Superintendent to manage budgets, schedules and client relationships. He/she works with the Senior Management Staff to set goals, establish and maintain protocol, and assess performance. This position reports to the Managing Partners.
- Four year degree in environmental science or related course work and/or equivalent related work experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in the environmental/civil industry with management and supervisory responsibilities and ability to read and interpret blue prints
- Software experience
- Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Explorer, Excel, Word)
- Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize internet resources
Communication / Documentation:
- Serves as conduit and hub for all project communications, including plans and specifications, Requests for Information, project status, budgets, schedules, scope of work, etc.
- Fosters teamwork and collaborative relationships with the Client, Engineers, Superintendent and other team members
- Builds cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships and gets results
- Provides motivation and inspiration to team members to accomplish project goals
- Collects, organizes and disperses information to the appropriate project team members, subcontractors, consultants and vendors
- Manages and maintains an accurate and descriptive project budget as the project progresses
- Forecasts budget for potential savings and/or risks of cost overrun and proactively manages to mitigate those risks
- Manages and updates schedule throughout project to represent reasonable expectations to project team and other stakeholders
- Uses schedules to communicate and proactively manage project tasks to minimize delays and drive project completion
- General knowledge of construction means, methods and practices as well as work sequences and durations
- Broad functional knowledge of equipment and systems
- General understanding of safe practices and implementation in the field
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent team building and collaborative skills
- Proficiency at using schedules and budgets to plan work and develop contingent plans
- Ability to coalesce and communicate complex technical information into terms understandable by all
- Ability to communicate across diverse skill levels
- Willingness to adopt and use new technologies
- Competitive salary
- Full health and dental insurance
- Paid vacation
- 401K plan
Qualified applicants should e-mail a resume and cover letter to be considered for this position.
PLEASE- Qualified experienced applicants only. Special consideration will be given to candidates with experience in management of various environmental clean-up projects, hazardous/non-hazardous waste handling, and in-situ/ex-situ treatment systems.